Information before renting
What is included in the rental price?
When you ask about the price of rent, you must know what is included in the stated price. The needs of the customers are different and you need to be sure you are paying for what you need.
What is included in AUTOWILL's price will be shown on the reservation or contract for rent, and that includes the following:
- Basic insurance up to the amount of franchise/excess (CDW)
- Vehicle theft protection (TP)
What is necessary when picking up the vehicle?
When picking up the vehicle it is necessary to present your driver's license and credit card as well as your passport or ID card.
Since the price of rent includes basic insurance, the agent will ask you if you want additional insurance. Please read the part regarding insurances. The vehicle will be handed to you with a full tank of fuel and you are obligated to return it with a full tank. If not, you will be charged for refueling services as well as the difference of fuel which is missing in the tank.
You will receive a Rental agreement in order to read and sign it. In it are emphasized all significant costs as well as the insurance you have chosen.
You should examine the vehicle in order to establish condition you are taking it over and confirm it with your signature. This procedure is necessary to define eventual damage done during your rent.
After this you will receive the keys to the vehicle, a copy of the Rental agreement and pre-rental damage report.
Can I rent a car without a credit card?
It is not possible to rent a car without a credit card. A credit card is necessary for preauthorisation of deposit, which serves as guarantee for payment of rentals and possible additional costs during the rental preiod: vehicle damages not covered by insurance packages, late drop offs, lack of fuel, traffic violations, fines ...etc.
Keep in mind that the authorization is valid 4-6 weeks and deposit refund depends on the credit card company and bank. At the end of the rental period, you can pay according to your choice: cash, debit or credit card.
Can I travel outside the borders of Croatia?
Of course, you can travel beyond the borders of Croatia by paying a small additional fee. If you are planning to go across the borders of Croatia, you need to pay a cross border fee. In case of an accident or break down, the insurance package is not valid unless you pay this fee.
For additional information contact us on:+385 (0)99 484 00 10 or email us at: email@example.com
What additional equipment and services are available and how are they paid for?
Pick up/drop off after office hours - in case of picking up or dropping off after office hours a fee is charged.
Cross-border fee - if you plan a trip outside Croatian borders you need to pay a cross-border fee. In case of an accident or vehicle break down insurance packages do not apply if the fee is not paid.
A ferryboat transport fee- in case you wish to transport the rented vehicle by ferry boat you need to pay a fee, since the insurance package does not cover transportation by ferry.
A senior drivers fee - all drivers older than 70 must pay a fee. A Young drivers fee - all drivers younger than 21 must pay a fee.
Additional driver - Insurance packages are valid only for the person on the contract. In case of a harmful event, if the driver is not the person stated in the Contract, you can be charged the full amount of damages / claims. The fee is charged for the full period of rent.
GPS device - It is possible to rent a GPS device for safe navigation using the highway or local roads. In addition, the device warns on speed limitation, shows petrol stations, local sites, restaurants and hotels, and other interesting locations. The fee is charged for a maximum of 10 days.
WIFI device - It is possible to rent a WIFI device with flat rate and a possibility of few devices connecting at the same time. The fee is charged for the full period of rent.
Child seat - It is possible to rent a child seat. The fee is charged for a maximum of 10 days.
Costs which can appear on your contract depend on you and they can be the following:
Service of refueling: The rule is that you receive the vehicle with a full tank of fuel and you should return it in that condition. If for some reason you have not done this, we will charge you a fee as well as the difference between the fuel received and returned.
Being late with returning the vehicle is charged according to the following rules:
- 0-60 min = no charge
- more than 60 min = additional day charge
Violations and parking tickets:
The client bears all of the costs of traffic violations and tickets. If the client does not settle the costs of traffic violations and tickets during the time of the rent, Autowill will settle the costs and subsequently bill the renter with additional administrative costs.
Is it necessary to state the number of flight in the reservation?
When you state the number of flight in the reservation it enables us to have insight in your arrival and therefore we will be able to check possible delays of the flight. Without this information we can assume that you will not arrive and we can rent the vehicle to another person.
Is there an age limit for reserving a vehicle?
The minimum age limit is 18, and maximum is 80. If you are 18-20 or 70-80 years old, you can rent by paying an additional fee.
Do I need to pay a deposit?
When picking up your vehicle a valid credit card issued to the driver is required (VISA, MASTERCARD, DINERS CLUB). An authorization of a deposit is made on the credit cards. The amount depends on the rental period, type of insurance package included, and vehicle category. The deposit serves as a guarantee for payment of the rental as well as possible additional costs during the rental period, delays, lack of fuel, damages on the vehicle not covered by insurance packages, traffic violations, fines ..etc.
What is an Excess or Franchise?
Excess is the amount you are liable for in case the vehicle is returned with damages which were non existent during pick up. The amount depends on the vehicle category and safety packages.
Can a specific model of vehicle be reserved?
It is not possible to reserve a specific model, only a group of vehicles.
What if I have not received confirmation of my reservation?
Can a reservation be changed or cancelled?
After you have booked the reservation, you will receive a confirmation with your reservation number. If you want or need to change the reservation, just choose Change or Cancel reservation. Alternatively, you can contact us with your reservation number on our telephone +385 (0)99 484 00 10 or e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
I want to prolong the reservation of the vehicle
If you still have not picked up the vehicle, the reservation can be prolonged through the Internet. But in case that you have picked up the vehicle, contact the local branch office where you picked up the vehicle or the reservation centre on number +385 (0)99 484 00 10 or e-mail email@example.com
My flight is late or cancelled
If your flight is late and you have offered us information regarding it, we will be able to monitor this. But in any case, we advise you to contact the branch office in order to inform us about this situation. If the flight was cancelled, contact us as soon as possible so we can cancel your reservation.
What if the branch office is closed at the time I want to pick up the vehicle?
Information during the rental period
I am a participant of a traffic accident
You can find everything regarding the procedure in case of a traffic accident on www.mup.hr/58.aspx, but in short the procedure is as follows, a participant in a traffic accident in which there are fatal or serious injuries or greater material damage was done is obligated to:
- stay at the scene of the traffic accident, offer help to people hurt in the accident, call the Police or Ambulance if needed (emergency telephone number 112)
- take all possible measures to remove new dangers which could arise at the scene of the traffic accident, enable normal flow of traffic, try to not change the state of the scene of the accident and preserve the current tracks
- inform the nearest police station regarding the traffic accident and return to the scene and to wait for the arrival of authorized people for the investigation.
- immediately inform Autowill rent-a-car on number +385 (0)99 484 00 10 or the closest branch office for further instructions
A POLICE REPORT IS MANDATORY!
Can Autowill rent a car vehicle be transported on a ferryboat?
The vehicle can be transported on a ferryboat after additional payment of a fee since the insurance packages do not cover ferryboat transportation.
What if I want to add another driver during the rental?
Contact the nearest Autowill rent a car office in order to add the additional service to the rental agreement.
Only the persons specified in the rental agreement may operate the vehicle. If a driver, who is not specified in the rental agreement, participates in an accident, rental insurance policies do not apply.
What if you can’t start the vehicle?
- For vehicles with manual transmission – press the clutch pedal all the way and turn the key while pressing down on the accelerator.
- For vehicles with automatic transmissions – check if the gear lever is in the “P” or the “N” position, and be sure to press the brake pedal and turn the key all the way.
- For vehicles with a robotized gearbox - make sure the gear lever is in the “N” position, and be sure to press the brake pedal and turn the key all the way.
- Regardless of the type of transmission, check if the vehicle key is recognized, and check the fuel level.
If none of the above options help in starting the vehicle, please call the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office for any additional instructions.
What if you have a vehicle breakdown?
The vehicle will not start:
- Check the above - in section 1.
- Contact the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office.
Red light appeared on the dashboard:
- Stop the vehicle immediately.
- Contact the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office.
Yellow light appeared on the dashboard:
- Check the instructions on errors (the coolant, the tire pressure, water in the windshield) and follow the instructions.
If you fail to resolve the problem, contact the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office.
What if you put the wrong fuel in the car?
Do not start the vehicle, properly secure it and call the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office to organize a replacement vehicle.
The lowest fee for the fuel exchange in a vehicle is HRK 3.720,00 (approximately 500 EUR).
You are obliged to settle in full any damage to the rental vehicle caused by improper use.
What if you return the rental vehicle with less fuel in the tank?
At the pickup and on drop off the tank should be full.
If you return your rental vehicle with less than a full tank of fuel, you will be charged the price per litre + fee for refuelling services.
What if you lose your license plate?
Visit the nearest police station, report the loss and obtain a certificate of loss.
Upon return, provide the certificate of loss certified by the police.
What if you lost the folder containing the vehicle documentation?
Visit the nearest police station, report the loss and obtain a certificate of loss.
Upon return, provide the certificate of loss certified by the police.
What if the key is damaged or lost?
Contact the nearest Autowill rent-a-car branch office.
We will deliver a replacement key within the 24 hours of receiving the call.
The cost of the new key is charged to the vehicle user.
What if a vehicle tire is flat?
If you have a compact spare tire in the vehicle, replace it or contact the nearest Autowill rent-a-car branch office to arrange a replacement vehicle or a tire repair.
Upon return of the vehicle, be sure to inform the branch office of the event.
What if you have an accident?
You had a collision accident with another moving or parked vehicle.
- Secure the site of the accident.
- Contact the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office
- Call the police (Phone number 112).
- Obtain confirmation of the breathalyser test issued by the police.
- Fill in the European Accident Report form (to be found within the rental vehicle in the folder containing vehicle documentation).
- Complete the driver statement on traffic accidents (to be completed in the office upon the return of the vehicle or the replacement of the vehicle if you get a replacement vehicle).
- We will provide a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is not in a roadworthy condition or in case of a major damage, and arrange the towing to the nearest vehicle service.
- If, at the time of the accident, you operated the vehicle under the influence of alcohol, all costs for the damage to the tangible/ intangible property shall be charged to the client.
- In case of an accident in the countries that are not listed on the International Motor Insurance Certificate and in the rental agreement, all costs for the damage to the tangible/ intangible property shall be charged to the vehicle user.
- If the vehicle was operated by a person not indicated in the rental agreement as the renter or the additional driver, the damage shall be charged to the client.
What in case of vandalism?
The rental vehicle is damaged by an unknown person while in a parking lot?
In the event of damage, theft, break-in, contact the police (Phone number 112) and the nearest Autowill rent-a-car branch office.
Before you call the nearest Autowill rent-a-car office, please prepare:
- Vehicle register number.
- Km displayed on the odometer.
- Your location (place and address).
What do insurance packages NOT cover?
If after the term of rent there is need for additional charging you will be contacted by telephone or email.
Possible reasons for additional payment are:
- Parking ticket during the rental period.
- Traffic fines during the rental period.
- Damages discovered upon drop off of vehicle, if you were not present at the time.
- Lack of fuel in the vehicle tank discovered after drop off, if you were not present at the time.
- If you do not pay the fine for any traffic violation during rental period, you will be charged fine + administrative cost.
- Original documentation from authorities will be forwarded to you via email.
- If you do not consider the provided data to be correct, you can contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can the vehicle be picked up and dropped off in different offices?
A vehicle can be picked up and dropped off in different offices with an additional charge depending on the location of offices.
What means of payment are accepted?
Payment is done after a rental agreement is fulfilled, and is possible by any credit card accepted by Autowill rent a car. Autowill rent a car accepts the following: Visa, MasterCard and Diners. Payment can be in cash, by invoice and debit card (Visa electron and Maestro).
Traffic rules and regulations you need to know in croatia
Traffic rules and regulations you need to know in Croatia
Basic rules you need to follow on Croatian roads:
Drive on the right side of the street.
Speed limits (unless limited differently by a traffic sign):
- on the highway is 130km/h (81mph),
- on a 2 lane street 100km/h (62mph),
- within populated areas 50km/h (31mph)
- outside populated areas 80km/h (50mph).
Required daytime use of headlights during winter time (01.11-31.03). Daytime headlights are not necessary during the daylight saving period (01.04.-31.10.).
In Croatia like in most European countries using a mobile phone while driving is forbidden.
Using the Croatian highway is charged at toll gates depending on the point of entrance and exit. Prices are available at: http://hac.hr/
For questions on the current situation on the roads in Croatia contact Hrvatski autoklub (HAK) on 072 777 777, www.hak.hr.
In case of a traffic accident contact immediately the police on number 192 and our central department on +385 (0)99 484 00 10, where you will be given information what to do.
Important telephone numbers:
European emergency phone number (police, emergency medical services, fire department) - 112
Police - 192
Emergency medical services - 194
Fire department - 193
- Driver's age: 21 years
- Owning a driver's license for at least two years
- Credit card
After this we will check if the requested automobile is free and what standard and additional options we can offer you. You can confirm this offer and if you confirm it, we will ask you for your info which is necessary for rent. With this you have reserved the automobile.
In these General Terms of Rent
I. « AUTOWILL RENT A CAR »
II. « renter » is a person, company or organization in whose name the vehicle is being rented under the Terms of Rent,
III. « driver » is the physical entity responsible for following all items in the Contract of Rent, authorized and written on the front side of the Contract of Rent along the « renter »,
IV. « additional driver » is the physical entity responsible for following all items of the Contract of Rent, authorized and written on the front side of the Contract of Rent along with the « renter ». The « renter » must make certain that each authorized driver fulfils the General Terms for Rent,
V. « vehicle » is the vehicle stated on the front side of the Contract of Rent.
VI. « renter, driver and additional driver » continued in the text of the contract is to be understood as one word: « client ».
1. Authorized driving of the vehicle – the rented vehicle can only be driven by people over the age of 21 who own a driver's license for at least 2 years. (2 x 365 days).
2. Under no circumstances can the rented vehicle be driven or used:
by a person not stated as the client in the Contract on Rent
for the paid transfer of passengers and goods
through a contract closed based on false statements or personal information
for races, testing durability, testing speeds or driving lessons
for pulling another vehicle or object
by a person under the influence of alcohol, sedatives, sleeping pills, barbiturates, narcotics, hallucinogenic and other drugs
while the vehicle is not in driving condition or is over-burdened, or the limitation regarding the number of passengers and luggage stated in the documents of the vehicle is not followed.
outside of category I, II and III level roads
for not respecting speed limits or other traffic signs defined by the Law of the country in which the vehicle is being driven – 90 km/h for category I roads, 50 km/h for II and III category roads, 130 km/h on highways
while violating legal terms and regulations regarding the use, loading or condition of the vehicle or any other illegal purpose.
The state limitations are cumulative and each of them is implemented for each use, management and driving of the rented car. AUTOWILL rent a car does not regard itself responsible for any damage or loss caused by violation of the stated limits by the client.
3. Picking up and returning the rented vehicle – the only authorized person for handling the vehicle and renting the same is AUTOWILL rent a car, and the client picks it up in correct technical condition. The client is obligated to return the vehicle with all of its tires, tools and equipment stated in the Contract on Rent and the Check out-Check in form, in the same condition it was taken, other than the usual natural usage, at the time and place stated on page 1 of the Contract o Rent. The vehicles are rented on a daily price in accordance to the tariff, where one day means a period of 24 hours starting with the beginning stated in the contract. After this time period has expired, an additional day will be charged.
4. Payments – The client is obligated to settle his bill within 8 days after it has been received or in the case of cash payments, when the vehicle is being returned as agreed on page 1 of the Contract on Rent: the time, kilometre distance and other costs defined in the Contract on Rent. The amount is paid in accordance with the tariff in force when the Contract is being closed. In case the payment is late, a legal interest rate will be charged as well as collection reminder fees. If the vehicle is returned to a location which is different than the one it was picked up from, the final calculation which is made by the location where the vehicle is returned has authorization from the location which issued the vehicle and has rights to send a corrected bill. By signing this Contract, the client agrees that his credit card or another way of payment will be burdened by AUTOWILL rent a car with any repair costs, faults or losses which are discovered after the vehicle is returned and the client did not inform AUTOWILL rent a car in accordance with the procedure on returning the vehicle. The client is considered responsible for all traffic violations done during the time of rent. In case the client does not settle these violations, AUTOWILL rent a car will charge them to the client together with administrative costs. AUTOWILL rent a car obtains the right to charge the above stated costs without previously informing the client. State taxes, tariffs and alike will be charged in accordance with the valid legal regulative. The client, with his signature on this contract agrees and accepts that the obligated parties responsible for payment of all items in this Contract of Rent are:
- the client
- driver – in case the client refuses to either completely or partially settle his obligation by this Contract on Rent
- additional driver – in case the client or driver refuse to either completely or partially settle their obligation by this Contract on Rent
5. Prolonging the rent – in case the client needs the vehicle longer than specified, the client is obligated to receive written confirmation of this from AUTOWILL rent a car at least 24 hours before the rent is finished. In case these conditions are not followed, AUTOWILL rent a car has all rights to use all legal measures in order to take the rented vehicle from the client. In case the client returns the vehicle after the date stated when closing the Contract on Rent, and there was a change of prices during the rent period, new prices will be calculated after the day the vehicle was to be returned.
6. Kilometre distance – the number of kilometres while the vehicle is being rented stated in this Contract on Rent, will be defined by reading the factory installed kilometre reader.
7. Fuel – all vehicles are rented out with a full tank of fuel. If the vehicle is rented to the client, the client is considered responsible for the cost of fuel from when the vehicle leaves the office to the time it is returned to AUTOWILL rent a car. AUTOWILL rent a car has the right to calculate the service of fuelling the tank according to the decision of the Board.
8. Maintaining the vehicle – the client agrees to maintain the vehicle in good condition and to regularly check the motor and oil of the automatic shift level, if it exists in the rented vehicle, as well as the water in the radiator, accumulator and pressure in the tires. The client is regarded responsible for settling all damages caused by not maintaining the vehicle. In case the rented vehicle, during the period it is rented, reaches the kilometre distance where a regular service is necessary, the client must inform AUTOWILL rent a car about this and place the vehicle in their disposal so the service can be performed. In this case, AUTOWILL rent a car gives a substitute car to the client.
9. Faults – repairs or replacing parts of the vehicle must be done only by an authorized service with prior written consent by AUTOWILL rent a car. A refund of costs is done with presenting the bill from the authorized service where the repair was performed. However, replaced parts must be presented. In case the repair is done outside of an authorized service and the replaced parts are not presented, the costs will not be refunded. In case that any part of the vehicle is replaced or lost, damage costs will be charged three times the amount of the market price of that part.
10. Documents – all vehicles are rented with the necessary documentation. The client is held responsible for the stated documents. In case the client loses the documents, keys, registration plates and alike, the client will be charged for the production of new ones in accordance with the prices defined in the price list.
11. Passenger insurance – for an additional daily fee, an amount which is defined by the valid tariff, the passengers are insured to the amount of the insurance policy in case of death or invalidity as a consequence of an accident cause by AUTOWILL rent a car’s vehicle.
12. Insurance of the vehicle – all of the vehicles which AUTOWILL rent a car has at its disposal are insured against liability for damage caused to a third person. The deductible franchise depends on the vehicle group and is defined by the valid tariff decided by the Board of AUTOWILL rent a car and stated in the contract. In case of any damage done where the client is responsible or in case of damage caused by the client’s not knowing one or more terms of the rent, the client is obligated to settle the damage up to the full amount unless the liability is bought off by additional payments defined by the active tariff of AUTOWILL rent a car. The daily additional payment of insurance does not cover the following:
- damage to the tires
- damage to the lower base of the vehicle, the shift lever and clutch, the interior of the vehicle and windshield caused by the negligence of the driver
- damage to the motor caused by the lack of oil, adding the wrong type of fuel or negligence when using the vehicle
- damage which was done by the driver under the influence of alcohol, drugs or alike
- damage which was done by an unauthorized driver
- any damage done to the vehicle which was not reported to the police
The client is held responsible for all stated damages. AUTOWILL rent a car will not accept any liability for damage or loss which occurred while the vehicle was rented by the client who did not fulfil the above stated terms. The client is obligated to settle all damage done to the AUTOWILL rent a car vehicle while using the stated vehicle.
13. Fire and theft – the client takes responsibility for any damage or loss to the vehicle which has occurred due to negligence or in case the client ignored the terms stated in the contract in any way. To avoid paying liability for the total value of the car, the client can pay the daily additional cost for every 24 hours of using the car in advance, in accordance with the price list and in that way the client is liable up to the amount of the contractual franchise. The amount of the deductable franchise depends on the vehicle group.
14. Damage – any and all damage must be immediately reported to the closest police station and the branch office of AUTOWILL rent a car which rented the vehicle and the client is obligated to not drive the vehicle while it is in an un-drivable condition. The Report – a special form which is located among the vehicle documentation and a statement regarding the damage must be filled out with all details concerning the accident (damage) and must be sent immediately to the branch office which rented the vehicle. The client is obligated to participate in the investigation and the procedure for processing the accident. The client is considered responsible for all costs if the terms in this article were not followed. If necessary, the client will receive a substitute vehicle.
Loss of property
15. Loss of property – AUTOWILL rent a car is not considered responsible for damage or loss to the property of the client or the property of others stored or transferred in or on the rented vehicle, the serviced vehicle or office areas of AUTOWILL rent a car. When signing this contract, the client specifically rejects all requests for damage costs to AUTOWILL rent a car in case of the above stated damages or losses.
16. Changes to the Contract on Rent – not one term and regulation of this contract can be changed or rejected without written consent from AUTOWILL rent a car.
17. All employees of AUTOWILL rent a car have the right to control any vehicle at any time. If it has been established that the client has violated any of the terms in this Contract, the employees are authorized to seize the vehicle. AUTOWILL rent a car unconditionally reserves the right to cancel the Contract on Rent at any time and any place, even before the expiration of the Contract, without any obligation to compensate damage to the client.
18. Important! The client even after the rent is considered responsible for traffic violations done during the rent period.
19. In these terms, AUTOWILL rent a car is defined as vehicle rental company with headquarters in Zagreb, Zagrebačka avenija 100, OIB (Personal ID No.) 64502864245, for the area of Croatia and whose business activity is renting vehicles.
20. The client with his signature unconditionally accepts the standard terms and guarantees accuracy of all of the above stated information and accepts the authorization of the court in Zagreb in case of dispute.
IN CASE OF A FAULT WITH THE VEHICLE WHEN IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY, THE CLIENT IS OBLIGATED TO CONTACT THE BRANCH OFFICE FOR REPAIRS. AUTOWILL RENT A CAR WILL REFUND THE COST OF REPAIR WHEN PRESENTED WITH THE ORIGINAL INVOICE OF AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE AND PART OF THE VEHICLE WHICH WAS REPLACED BECAUSE OF THE FAULT. WHEN PASSING THE STATE BORDER, THE CLIENT IS OBLIGATED TO GIVE A CUSTOMS OFFICIAL THE INVOICE FOR VERIFICATION.
Payments are made after the Rental Agreement is filled out and can be done with any credit card accepted by Autowill rent a car. Autowill rent a car accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard and Diners. Payments can also be made with cash, money order and debit card (Visa electron or Maestro).